“Stay Strong and Surf” A solid piece of advice I received today from a friend.
Which got me to thinking…what exactly is “strength” or “being
strong”? And, how do I do that…?
Strength. Webster has
many definitions, all of which seem to be physical in nature by having the
words “resist” and “force” in them. Which
is true. But there’s so much more to this
saying…
No crying.
Or having a good cry. And picking yourself up after.
Doing what is right, when it’s not what is easiest.
Truly believing in yourself.
Being positive.
Saying no.
Finding the courage to continue on when things aren’t going your way.
Physically working to get through the day to financially provide for yourself and
possibly others.
Never giving up.
The list
goes on and on. There is a strength in all of us. And most likely it means
something different for each of us, on any given day, or at any given time in
our lives. But it's always there. Ready to fight when it's needed.
I think having and realizing this strength is important, but what you do to support and nurture that strength,
maybe even more.
Which brings me to my question of “how do I do this…?”…well, I think I’ll
go surf.
I know, I know I haven’t written in the last year, and
trust me I’ve had quite some adventures – but when it comes down to it I think
my greatest and most worthy adventures are those that take place solo (never alone).
Hola from Playa Grande, Costa Rica!
No comments:
Post a Comment