Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes…yet again.

Exactly one year ago today I left a home and a piece of me.

Somehow…12 months, 365 days, 8760 hours have already passed.

“Time moves in one direction, memory in another.” ~ William Gibson

Most days I yearn for my calmer soul, less judgmental heart, and sunny (and somewhat) carefree days. 

But just like time; I march on. 

And it’s time. 
Time to go.
Next month brings my next big adventure, though shorter and closer than the last, it promises to be every bit as sweaty.

While last Thanksgiving was spent with views of the Taj Mahal; this one will most likely be spent scooping poop.

In mid-November a girlfriend and I are headed to Guatemala for a week of working and living on an organic farm; located at the base of a volcano, we have been promised hard work with a great view. 

Following our farmstay, we then head for a few days of relaxation at Earthlodge, where we’ll stay in the famous treehouse.

Bring it on!  I mean, shouldn't farmwork be an innate skill for a Midwestern girl?  We shall see...

“Life is either a great adventure, or nothing.” ~Helen Keller



No comments:

Post a Comment