Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"I Smile For _____"

Writing again from the Land of Smiles I thought this would be an appropriate place to start.  I have a million reasons to smile, but today, ‘I smile for me.’  

I smile because I made a life change.  
I smile because I made a life change when things were actually going right in my life.  
I smile even harder because making this decision wasn’t easy, but I did it.  

All my life it’s been easy to run from my unhappiness.  In fact, it’s been the easiest and most exciting thing to do.  Just leave it.  Seek out a change of scenery. But what isn’t easy is to leave when you’re happy, and could possibly be happier.  Now that takes some real guts.

Five years ago, almost to the date, I ran to Thailand with $700, a TEFL certificate, and no real plan.  And I’m a planner.  Such a planner.  Which has always shocked me as to how I could have done that.  But recently I stumbled across a quote and every word just made total sense to me, “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.”  Traveling makes me happy. Mystery solved.

I, of course, had no idea as I was fleeing the US five years ago that as a result I would end up back in DC where I’d be introduced to a great group of irreplaceable friends and a loving boyfriend.  I mean how could one even begin to plan for such great results?  You just can’t.

Today I have no idea as to what my recently planned actions will result in, but I am proud to not be running from something, but rather towards something.  And, all the while keeping in the back of my mind, that if my dreams don’t scare me, at least a little bit, I’m not dreaming big enough.  And who wants to have small dreams.  Dream big, and know you can always go home!

Welcome to Crown Lanta Resort & Spa, my same same, but different new Thai home.

What are you smiling for today?  #ISmileFor____

6 comments:

  1. I smile for you even though I miss you already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile for the return of this blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling because I'm reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smiling because you are happy and doing what you want. I'm smiling because you love your Grandmother so much - I want my grandson to love me that way! Enjoy every minute of your new adventure and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Back YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete